Public Speaking is in flux. The only certainty now, is the uncertainty. The Pandemic has changed everything into a new normal of constant and unrelenting chaos. Coping
Is challenging at every level from our emotional and physical well-being to our work life.
Here are twelve tips to help survive the Pandemic:
1. Routines are mandatory. Sleep and wake up at a reasonable consistent time. Make sure you include space in your personal life for self-care and time for work.
2. Try to go outside at least once a day for twenty to thirty minutes. Open your windows for brief periods of time. Fresh air can lift your spirits.
3. Exercise daily outside or inside. Turn on your music and enjoy a dance party.
4. Set up virtual play dates with relatives and friends.
5. Connect with your inner child. Develop a self-regulated comfort box when feeling overwhelmed. Blow bubbles, cuddle up with a soft blanket, look at photos of vacations, listen to comforting music or blow watercolor on paper through a straw to help control your breath.
6. Move with grace through blowups. Do not confront every argument you are invited to. Everyone is trying their best.
7. Discover your own retreat space for work and relaxation.
8. Practice radical self-acceptance, accepting everything about yourself, your current situation, and your life without question, blame, or retaliation.
9. Find something you can control. Purge your closet, organize a bookshelf. This helps to anchor us when life is chaotic.
10. Find humor in each day. Watch a funny film or read jokes or a humorous book. We all need a little comedic relief.
11. Stay hydrated and eat well. Challenge yourself to cook something new at least once a week.
12. Remind yourself often that the Pandemic is temporary and it will pass. Soon we will return to feeling free, happy, and safe in the days ahead.