The Pandemic has pulled the rug out from under us. The stress is overwhelming with the constant changes, anxiety, worry about health and finances for ourselves, family and friends. It is difficult to keep an equilibrium in our lives with the continual bombardment of negative information. One way to keep ourselves balanced is to rediscover our passions and hobbies.
Working for money is an essential part of our lives. But to maintain our mental and physical health, we also need a positive diversion.
Spending most of our time working at our job, now filled with frustration, uncertainty and fear will quickly dry up our life’s pie. We must take time for joyful opportunities. Following is a list of 11 hobbies and passions that we too soon forget to indulge in:
- Cooking delicious and nutritious meals
- Baking bread, cakes, muffins and cookies for an occasional treat
- Exercising can be as simple as a walk daily preferably outside if the weather permits. Investing in a treadmill or stationary bike can be a lifesaver. Put on your favourite music and enjoy.
- Indulge in some form of visual art. The possibilities are endless.
- Discovering a new talent that has been dormant for years. Play a musical instrument, sing, compose a song.
- Read out loud a play with a group on zoom.
- Read trying different genres
- Learn a new language
- Write a book or script for a tv sitcom, screenplay, play or novel
- Rediscover your inner child filled with creativity.
- Build a snowman, ski, toboggan, snowshoe, skate.
You don’t have to always try to earn money from your creative skills, interests and passions. You can simply do them because they help you transcend your imagination, open your heart, make you feel accomplished, feel more alive and simply bring you joy.
Connecting your hobby or passions to your speaking career can not only enrich your life but make you a more fascinating and memorable speaker.
Check out two of my passions of Visual Arts and Screenwriting on the “Betty’s Creatives” page on this Website.
Best Wishes for a healthy and happy New Year 2022!!